Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Under direct supervision, the Dental Assistant performs non-professional work assisting the dentist with patient care, instruments, supplies and records at the Women's Eastern Reception and Diagnostic Correctional Center in Vandalia, MO.
- Prepare operatory with appropriate instruments and material for the patients scheduled to be seen.
- Assist dentist during treatment, providing instruments, material retraction or suction. Sterilize instruments and disinfect operatory between patients.
- Schedule patients for dental appointments.
- Perform laboratory procedures such as mixing impression material for dentures and assists in the clinical procedures of prosthetic dentistry.
- Develop and mount routine radiographs. Assist in maintaining dental charts, records dental findings.
- Follow security regulations for keys, sharps and controlled medications. Adhere to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills.
- Adhere to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Inventory and orders supplies to maintain proper levels.
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year dental assistant experience required.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Location/Region: Center, MO