You’ve heard this all your life. Trust matters. Being trusted matters a lot. OptumRX, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, has earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. Now, we trust that you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers. In this role, you’ll ensure the accurate fulfillment of prescriptions and help us maintain proper inventory and storage of drugs. In addition to having impact on a great team, you’ll also discover the career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- High school diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration as required (or ability to obtain licensure within 30 days of employment)
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and / or weekends, as needed
- Pharmacy / prescription data entry experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Location/Region: Overland Park, KS (US)