The Quality Engineer will support the daily operation of the Quality System of the organization, respond to internal and external customer inquires, and lead root cause analysis and corrective actions. Additionally, the QE interprets and executes policies and procedures, provides modifications to operating processes, leads internal audits, external audits, training, Corrective Action Board, and QMS improvements. The QE will lead supplier activities related to vendor approval, audits and quality. The QE is also responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with outside failure analysis laboratories.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the quality control department; provide daily, hands-on support to the QC department and accurately apply the Specification and drawing requirements to the products, purchased or processed.
- Work with suppliers to improve quality and OTD, assign SCAR to implement permanent corrective action and to maintain good traceability on improvements.
- Support and maintain corrective action system. Coordinate timely completion of CAR and validate efficiency.
- Review NCR and coordinate MRB for disposition.
- Maintain and implements calibration control.
- Participate in ECO review, and support implementation and phase in of product changes.
- Provides leadership in supplier quality, in-process quality and efficiency improvement efforts.
Qualifications & Skills
- A minimum of three years in a decision-making position related to the authority to define, execute, or control projects/processes and to be responsible for the outcome is a plus.
- Experience and excellent understanding of complex mechanical drawing and mechanical inspection techniques.
- Good understanding of AS9100 or ISO9000 Quality Standard.
- Knowledge of NADCAP standards a plus.
- Knowledge of military specifications and aerospace specifications a plus.
- Knowledge of Statistical techniques, PFEMA, DOE, SPC, Six Sigma and continuous improvement tools preferred.
- Knowledge of chemical processing and inspection is a plus.
- Effective written/verbal communication skills; computing skills (Windows, Microsoft Office) a must.
- Must have US Person status for this position.
Medical-Dental-Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, 401K, Paid Holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance Experience:1-2 years
Hixson Metal Finishing is a premier metal finishing company whose vision is rooted in excellence, integrity, and accountability. From our original location in Newport Beach, California, we have worked diligently since 1960 to demonstrate just how far these values extend by providing a broad range of services to the military, aerospace, and commercial aircraft communities with competitive prices, timely delivery, and outstanding quality.
We offer more than 80 finishing processes that run the gamut from simple “rack-and-run” jobs to very complex multi-process jobs, including anodizing, precious metals, cadmium and nickel plating, non-destructive testing, painting, and many more. A great source of pride for us is our persistent pursuit of improving our current processes and our willingness to develop new and innovative methods and technologies to meet the needs and expectations of our customers.
Location/Region: Newport Beach, CA (US)